The increasing number of positive patients with Covid-19, which continues to increase, has led many parties to encourage the public to implement physical distancing.
Physical distancing is a term offered by the World Health Organization (WHO) to encourage anyone to stay at home to prevent the spread of the corona virus, without cutting off contact with other people socially.
However, due to various reasons, such as work reasons or family matters, some people end up having to leave the house.
For those of you who will be traveling in the midst of a corona virus pandemic as it is today, it is better to implement a number of recommendations from WHO.
Here are some tips or recommendations for “Staying Healthy While Traveling” that WHO posts on the who.int page:
- It is better if you don’t travel yet if you have a fever and cough
- If fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical help immediately and inform the staff of your travel history
- Avoid close contact with people who have a fever and cough
- Wash your hands diligently with clean running water and soap or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your bent arm or tissue. After that, immediately throw away the used tissue and wash your hands.
- If you choose to use a mask, make sure to cover your mouth and nose. When the mask is worn, never touch it. Throw away the disposable mask immediately after use and wash your hands after removing the mask.
- If you fall sick while traveling, inform the travel crew about your condition and seek medical help immediately
- If you seek medical assistance, inform the staff about your travel details. Provide information about it and the symptoms experienced actually
- Only eat well-cooked food
- Don’t spit in public
- Avoid close contact and do not travel with sick animals
Previously, Dr. Lung Specialist Doctor. Moewardi Surakarta, dr. Jatu Aphridasari, Sp.P (K), FISR, explained that this new type of corona virus can infect people through droplets or small particles from the mouth (saliva) of sufferers that contain disease-causing microorganisms.
Therefore, now everyone is advised to keep a distance from other people of at least 1 meter. According to him, the transmission of the corona virus originating from Wuhan, China should be watched out for because it can attack anyone, from children, adults, to the elderly.