Corona virus outbreak is still not resolved completely, almost in all countries. The community continues to take action in anticipation and prevention from not leaving the house, to maintaining cleanliness.
Reported by Oregonlive.com, as a result of outbreaks of corona virus, hand sanitizer or germ cleansing gel is becoming rare in the market.
Hand sanitizers are becoming scarcer in the market because people are buying it to ward off corona viruses. This hand sanitizer has a function to clean hands from germs and bacteria that might stick to the skin of the hand. But now almost in every place, especially public places, are required to use a hand sanitizer before entering an area. To overcome this scarcity of hand sanitizers you can make it at home.
The following are materials and how to make your own hand sanitizer which has been summarized by asialova.com from androidcentral.com:
Tools and Materials:
- 2/3 cup 99% Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
- 1/3 cup or 92% aloe vera gel
- 8-10 drops of essential oil (optional) adjust to the aroma that you like
- Small or medium mixing bowl
- A spoon
- Empty containers, such as 3-ounce containers from travel toiletries
- A small piece of masking tape for labels or naming
Steps of making:
- First prepare a bowl and spoon for the medium.
- Then mix Isopropyl alcohol with aloe vera gel until well blended.
- After the ingredients are evenly mixed, add 8 to 10 drops of essential oils that have aroma or fragrance, then stir well. You can choose the fragrance or aroma of essential oils according to your tastes and preferences.
- Then everything has been mixed evenly, you can move your hand sanitizer gel into a clean bottle that you have prepared before.
- If necessary, mark the bottle with labeling or with the naming ‘hand sanitizer’, then attach the naming label using masking tape.
The method is very easy and the ingredients are not hard to get. Please try!